North Dakota Aviation Publications and Forms
Publications · Forms
The Aeronautics Commission produces a number of aviation awareness materials to educate the public and pilots about our industry. We also distribute articles and pamphlets for other associations to help promote the fun of flying, safety and business aviation.
The North Dakota Aeronautics Commission Brochure describes the agencies mission, goals, accomplishments and commission members (460kb pdf).
The newest edition of the study of the Economic Impact of Aviation on North Dakota's (2Mb pdf) provides a complete examination of aviation's economic impact on the state. Economic activity associated with aviation in North Dakota provides jobs and expenditures related to aviation activities. This spending is then spread through local economies throughout the state, creating additional employment, tax revenue and spending.
A North Dakota Economic Impact Executive Summary (5Mb pdf) is also available.
The Aviation Impact Study highlights, in a technical report, airport and state summary report of 2002 jobs and $1.2 billion annual expenditures (470kb pdf).
The Executive Report pamphlet highlights aviation trends in airline passengers, pilots, aircraft by airport. A project listing of airport improvements is shown (3.65Mb pdf).
North Dakota Airport’s Rates and Charges brochure (260kb pdf) is a survey of airport fees compiled in 2009. This report is for General Aviation and Commercial Airports. The full Rates and Charges report (427kb pdf) is available here.
Imagine Being a Pilot... (77Mb pdf)
- »North Dakota Aeronautical Chart
- This is a biannual reproduction of the World Aeronautical Chart for our state along with a navaid and weather related background.
- »North Dakota Airport Directory
- The directory is a biannual booklet of 89 public use airports with aerial photography design. Information on airport safety and numerous phone contacts are provided.
- »Mediport Implementation Plan
- The report describes how communities, hospitals, or airport authorities can construct a helicopter landing site for energy medical flights.
- »North Dakota Air Cargo Feasibility Study
- The brochure explains the role of air cargo activity, future growth trends, airport opportunities and policies for enhancing the cargo industry.
- »Aviation Careers Series
- The FAA website explains non-flying careers, government careers, aircraft manufacturing, airport careers, aviation mechanics and avionics and air traffic control information.
- »Pavement Management Study
- The 2004/2005 federal-funded study measures pavement conditions at 72 public paved airports in ND. The report rates pavements on a scale of 1-100 and projects to increase the pavement performance and safety. Runway ride profiles rank smoothness in the analysis.
To order any publications: contact the ND Aeronautics Commission or call 701.328.9650.