About the Commission
- »Jay B. Lindquist : Chairman : Hettinger
- Jay is president of Air Dakota Flite, a full service, fixed base operator (FBO). J.B. has a strong aerial applicator background and has been crop spraying for 50 years. He has been a Certified Flight Instructor and has served as the Manager of the Adams County Municipal Airport, Hettinger, ND for 40 years. His other interests are in retail and farming. J.B. was inducted into the North Dakota Aviation Hall of Fame in 2012. He has been a member of the Commission since 1993.
- »Cindy Schreiber-Beck : Secretary : Wahpeton
- Currently Cindy serves in the ND Legislature, on the board of the Fargo Air Museum, and as the Executive Director of the ND Agricultural Aviation Association (NDAAA). She is the owner of Tri-State Aviation, an FBO with a concentration on WWII aircraft restoration. Tri-State Aviation also manages the Wahpeton Harry Stern Airport. She is active in the local business community and has served on the Commission since 1997.
- »Maurice E. Cook : Member : Bismarck
- Maurice retired from active legal practice at the end of 2010. During his legal career he served as a Stateís Attorney, City Attorney, Airport Authority Attorney, Assistant Attorney General as General Counsel for the Bank of North Dakota, as a member and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Prairie Public Broadcasting, ND Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander and ten years as Civil Air Patrolís National Legal Officer. He served as Bond Counsel to numerous ND political subdivisions and various agencies of the State of North Dakota in the issuance of municipal bonds for thirty years. He holds a multi engine instrument pilotís license and started flying in Hettinger, ND, in 1952. He has been a member of the ND Aeronautics Commission since 1999.
- »Dr. Kim Kenville : Member : Grand Forks
- Kim began teaching for the University of North Dakotaís John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences in the fall of 1999 where she currently teaches airport management. Since 2008, Kim has been the director of the graduate program for the Department of Aviation and holds the rank of full professor. Dr. Kenville received her Ph.D. in 2005 from Capella University in Organization and Management. Prior to returning to UND, Kim worked in airport operations for Detroit Metropolitan and Milwaukee County airports. She is a certified member (C.M.) of the American Association of Airport Executives and holds a private pilotís license. Kim was appointed to the Aeronautics Commission in September of 2011.
- »Warren A. Pietsch : Member : Minot
- Warren is president of Pietsch Aircraft Restoration & Repair and Minot Aero Center at the Minot International Airport. Warren soloed at the age of 16 and has continued in aviation. He began chartering for the family business, ventured into airshows in 1981, and worked for ATA Airlines 1989-2008 serving as a captain for L-1011, B-727, B-737. Warren is a current and founding board member of the Dakota Territory Air Museum and the Chief pilot for the Texas Flying Legends Museum, Houston TX. Holding a single & multi-engine ATP, SeaPlane rating, Commercial glider CFIG & CFIs and is an Aerobatic Evaluator for ICAS, Warren was appointed to the Commission in May of 2012.