Project management mentoring and training provides knowledge and expertise to people that will be managing IT projects for their agency.
Program participants are mentored by a qualified project manager while they manage or oversee a project. Through regularly scheduled meetings, the North Dakota Project Management Methodology is followed and executed. The length of the mentorship varies, but generally begins at the project inception and is followed until project closure.
Project management terminology, skills, and practices can be improved by attending a training course or spending time with a mentor. Accomplishments within North Dakota State Government include:
- Two hundred employees have attended at least twenty-four hours of Project Management training
- Twenty six project managers have successfully completed the National Information Technology Apprenticeship System (NITAS) mentoring program
- Over thirty CompTIA Project+ certifications have been earned
- Seventeen Project Management Professional (PMP) credentials have been awarded by the Project Management Institute
- Instill best practices to maximize project successes and leverage project management expertise
- Provide expertise and support for project management
- Provide ongoing process improvement approaches that, over time, will provide an even greater chance for successful projects
Additional Service Information
Related Standards and Guidelines