Hosting is running and maintaining a computer system or application on someone's behalf; typically within a modern datacenter. ITD hosts most of the enterprise systems leveraged by Services and Statewide Alliances.
Kory, IT Systems Manager
- Hosting Platforms (Intel, AS/400, Mainframe)
- Web Servers (Websphere, .NET, IIS, Apache)
- Databases (Oracle, SQL, DB2, ADABAS, MySQL)
- Disk Storage & Backup
- File & Print
- Datacenter Space Rental
- Raised floor, conditioned power data center equipped with redundant generator and UPS systems that provide availability during power outages.
- Redundant heating/cooling systems maintain a room temperature of 72°F and humidity level of 40%. Environmental conditions are monitored 24-hours x 365.
- Fire detection and Novec 1230 suppression systems.
- Monitored access key-card system for physical security.
- Video surveillance cameras to monitor activity in the entire room.
Despite the remarkable transformation of the state IT enterprise over the past decade, states can be even more responsive and more capable in delivering services and protecting the states’ data systems and information. That capacity rests critically on the task of reengineering business processes and eliminating redundancies whenever possible. State CIOs have seized on the potential for galvanizing the state IT enterprise to produce better results and reduce costs by engaging in consolidation of state data centers for optimizing the physical infrastructure and to streamline business functions (Source: NASCIO’s Survey on Enterprise Data Center Consolidation in the States: Strategies & Business Justification.)
ITD's online Work Management System (WMS) may be used to submit a "General Server" service request.
Setup time will depend upon the application being installed. Please involve ITD early in the project's planning phase to ensure a timely installation of non-production and production environments.