ITD researches state-of-the-art development tools and languages in order to be competitive in the marketplace. To assure we are providing the correct services in a cost effective manner, the following tasks are performed on an on-going basis:
- Research new products and upgrades to existing products
- Test new products for ability to meet our development requirements
- Test upgrades to existing products to assure they will integrate into the development environment
- Integrate new products into our development and operations environments
- .NET is the Microsoft Web services strategy to connect information, people, systems, and devices through software. .NET is Integrated across the Microsoft platform, therefore .NET applications run exclusively on Microsoft operating systems. Microsoft Visual Studio is the tool ITD uses to write .NET applications.
- CA Gen
- CA Gen is a model driven development tool that we use to design and develop client/server and web based applications. CA Gen applications can be generated to run as a client on the system user's PC, or they can be generated to run as a html interface on the user's web browser. Our direction is to phase out CA Gen development as applications are re-written in newer technologies.
- ITD is maintaining several customer systems that were written in the COBOL programming language. These are batch and on-line applications that run on our mainframe computer and MicroFocus Linux environment. Our direction is to phase out COBOL programs as systems are re-written in newer technologies.
- Interactive end user transaction reports and business intelligence reporting.
- Crystal Reports
- Crystal Reports is a PC based report writer that easily creates reports via a GUI drag and drop interface.
- Java is the 'run anywhere' language that is powering the Internet. Java applications are designed to run in a J2EE application server environment. IBM Rational Application Develop is the tool used to write J2EE applications and IBM WebSphere Application Server is the J2EE runtime environment.
- NATURAL is a fourth generation programming language that ITD runs on our mainframe computer and Linux environment. NATURAL applications can run in batch or on-line mode. Our direction is to phase out NATURAL programs as systems are re-written in newer technologies.
- PowerBuilder is the development tool we use to design and develop client/server applications that run as a client on the system user's PC. PowerBuilder creates a Graphical User Interface (GUI) with a multiple document interface that is very suitable for applications' power users.
- Oracle is a relational database management system from Oracle Corporation.
- SQL Server
- SQL Server is a relational database management system from Microsoft.
- DB2 is a relational database management system from IBM.
- Adabas is a non-relational database management system from Software AG Inc. Adabas is a partner product to the NATURAL programming language. Our direction is to phase out Adabas databases as systems are re-written in newer technologies.
- Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS)
- ITD provides EDMS business analysis services and we support a full line of Document Management tools. We have the expertise to integrate an application's data processing requirements and its document management needs to create an end-to-end solution.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Web Site Development
- Enterprise Service Bus
- The Enterprise Service Bus is used for message translation and message routing within application integration solutions.
- Informatica is used as an Extract, Transform, Load tool (ETL).
- Web Services
- Web Services are used by ITD as a means of providing re-usable business logic or other application components using standard Internet protocols. Web Services represent black-box functionality that can be used and reused without regard to how the service is implemented.
- (Extended Markup Language): provides a powerful interface that allows applications to pass data to and from other applications.