Mobile Device Email Synconization provides access to enterprise email, calendar, and contacts from anywhere, anytime. Some form of Mobile Device Management must be in place on the device before syncronization is possible.
- Select “Email” from the home screen or menu
- Select “Other”Enter the user’s nd.gov email and password then select “Next”
- Select “Exchange” from the list of account types. A box stating, “The server webmail.state.nd.us requires that you allow it to remotely control some security features of your android device. Do you want to finish setting up this account?” will appear.
- Select "OK"
- Select the "Email" icon (looks like an envelope) from the main screen
- Select “Outlook”
- Enter Username and password for the user’s nd.gov email and select “Next” or “OK”
- A screen will popup stating “Cannot find your settings”
- Select “Advanced”
- Enter domain: ndgov and Server: webmail.state.nd.us
- If the phone only allows the domain, enter the information, select “Next” or “OK”
- Another screen will pop up
- Repeat the steps above for the server
- A screen will appear asking to create a new password for security purposes
- Select “Create New” and enter a 4 digit password and select “ok”
- Device will auto-sync and will be ready for use
- Select “Settings” from the main screen
- Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” from the Settings screen
- Select “Add Account” from the next screen
- Select “Microsoft Exchange” (Not Outlook) from the next screen
- Email is your nd.gov email address
- Domain is ndgov
- Server is webmail.state.nd.us
- The username and password are the same as what you use to login to your email or computer
- When you are done setting up your email account, you will see a screen to customize the settings pertaining to synchronizing email, calendar items, and contacts. Accepting the defaults usually works for most people.
- “Mail days to sync” is the number of days-worth of email you would like stored on your phone
- “Mail folders to push” are the folders in Outlook that would like to see available on your phone
- Once you close out of this screen and start to get your email on the phone, it will ask you to create a pin number. This is a 4-digit pin number that is required every time you turn on your mobile device. Our policy requires that it be changed every 90 days.
- Power off the device, wait 30 seconds, and power it back on
- Check the configuration settings
- Server name: webmail.state.nd.us
- Domain: ndgov
- User name: <Exchange userid>
- Email address: <userid>@nd.gov
- Description/Type: Exchange
- Use SSL
- Contact the ITD Service Desk