ITD provides hosting services (including computer processing, electronic storage of data, and printing services) for the IBM iSeries platform. The IBM iSeries, formerly known as the AS/400, is a mid-range server designed for small businesses and departments in large enterprises. Its operating system is called the i5/OS (formerly OS/400).
ITD offers the AS/400 in our enterprise services hosting environment. We provide operational and infrastructure support that includes, but is not limited to, the following components:
- A professional, raised floor data center equipped with redundant cooling and conditioned power which is supported by a UPS and diesel generator.
- Physical security is provided via a key card system with all access logged and monitored.
- Facilities comply with the Enterprise Architecture Physical Access Security Standard2.
- Solutions provided include rack space and professional-class server equipment designed for maximum availability with redundant components.
- Hardware is acquired with vendor supplied warranty and support.
- Hardware typically follows a 4-year replacement cycle.
- When appropriate, shared or virtual hardware is used in order to minimize costs.
- Hardware will be installed and configured in compliance with industry best-practices.
- Firmware updates will be installed as needed.
- Online transaction processing
- Batch processing
- Magnetic disk storage
- Software installation and maintenance support
- Operations support
- Job scheduling
- Magnetic tape back-up
- Monitor system and resolution of problems
- Monitoring & Alerting
- Load Testing & Performance Tuning
- Business Continuity
ITD's online Work Management System (WMS) may be used to submit a "General Server" service request.
Setup time will depend upon the application being installed. Please involve ITD early in the project's planning phase to ensure a timely installation of non-production and production environments.
Service Level Agreements