Wednesday, January 16, 2013
The Nortel to Avaya phone system conversion started in the fall of 2010. This conversion was to replace old phone systems with new ones based on Internet Protocol (IP) technology. The Avaya phone system, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), allows voice calls using a broadband Internet connection instead of a regular (or analog) phone line.
- Over 5500 phones have migrated to the new phone system.
- Conversion is expected to be completed by June 2013.
- Minot - completed by the end of January 2013.
- Devils Lake - completion date by end of February 2013.
- Fargo - March/April 2013.
- Grand Forks - April/May 2013.
- Williston - June 2013.