Groundbreaking has begun for a new four-story building with 85,000 square feet. This building is being constructed by Lexstar and is located on 43rd Avenue and Normandy in north Bismarck. This new building is expected to be completed by July 2014. ITD's intention to leasing the new building is to have all ITD staff in one location, allowing us to better serve our customers. It will accommodate the growth ITD experienced over the past 12 years.
ITD staff is currently located in five different buildings: the Capitol, Dakota Network Carrier (DCN), Northbrook Mall, North Dakota Association of Counties, and ITD North (old Home Depot building). Being in different locations makes communication between our customers and internal staff very difficult.
New ITD Building Benefits
- Improve internal employee communications
- Improve agency culture
- Improve overall work productivity
- Co-locate Network Operations Center, Service Desk, and Computer Systems Tier II Staff
- Strengthen continuity for Software Development Staff and Administrative Support
- Reduce employee travel from building to building
- Provide more efficient work space
- Free additional office space for other agencies at the State Capitol
- The Data Center will continue to reside at the State Capitol.
- Some small office space for ITD will be retained at the State Capitol.