On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Governor Dalrymple signed Senate Bill's 2033 and 2034. SB2033 changes the definition of a major IT project from $250,000 to $500,000 and SB2034 requires an executive steering committee to oversee a major IT project from start to finish, excluding Higher Education.
- Changes the minimum requirement level for oversight from $250,000 to $500,000.
- This bill does not impact the states ability to monitor IT projects over $100,000 but allows ITD to focus their staff on the more complex projects.
- Establishes coordination between OMB, ITD, the Attorney General's Office, and the agency for procurement of major IT projects.
- Requires OMB and ITD to set minimum qualifications for the Procurement Officer and the primary Project Manager.
- Establishes a five member executive steering committee for each major IT project. Membership of the committee includes the agency, OMB and ITD.
- Requires the signature of the agency head and the CIO on all contractual documents.