Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 8:00am to 3:00pm
ITD North Training Room
3451 N. 14th Street
Bismarck, ND 58503
Familiar with the iPad, and ready to expand your knowledge base? Looking to find apps and OS tools to become more efficient at work and home? Have questions about managing and securing iPads within your agency? This session will provide you with resources and a facilitated discussion that will allow you to ask your unanswered questions.
By attending this training you will have a better understanding of management options for your agency as well as how to differentiate for your needs. This session includes:
- Explore built in apps on iPad
- Differentiate for your own needs
- Search for and download task specific apps
- Participate in webinar with Apple personnel about device management of iPads
NOTE: There will be a limited amount of iPads available on first come first serve basis. Participants owning iPads are encouraged to bring or borrow from a friend.
Charity Nix, Information Technology Specialist, Education Technology Services (EduTech)
8:00am - Networking, downloading apps
8:45am - Welcome
9:00am to 11:15am - Demo-On Own App Choice
- Task specific Apps in App Store
- Government specific apps
- Evernote, Dropbox
- Photosynth (panorama stitching app)
- Junos Pulse (VPN Client to access STAGEnet
- WolframAlpha (computational engine versus Google Search - (search engine) demo (voice activated search)
11:15am to 11:30am - Come together wrap up before lunch
11:30am to 1:00pm - Lunch on own
1:00pm to 2:45pm - Apple Device Management Webinar
2:45pm to 3:00pm - Wrap up day
This session is limited to the first 60 participants that register.
Register through the PeopleSoft Self-Service ELM Portal. Click on Search Catalog and type "iPads" in the search catalog item box then click on Search Activities. Enroll in Utilizing iPads for Work and Play-Intermediate Hands-On Session (Reference Activity Code 8522).
Cost is $45.00 per person.
If you have any questions, please contact the Service Desk.