Managers: Job Vacancy Announcements to HRMS
Welcome to our system of advertising state agency job vacancies. All you need to do is email your job vacancy announcement to Human Resource Management Services who will upload it to the Web for world-wide distribution! The process is very user friendly no matter what word processing software you use.
Job Vacancy Announcement Contents
As you prepare your job vacancy announcement, remember that the content requirements have not changed. Per NDAC 4-07-05-08, each job vacancy announcement must include:
- Job Title (class title or working title)
- Location of Position (city)
- Salary (salary range, projected hiring range, or a specific starting salary)
- Position Number (3-digit agency number; dept. number, if used; and 4-digit position number)
- Status (full-time or part-time, regular or temporary)
- Type of Recruitment (internal, external, or both)
- Closing Date (indicate if applications must be postmarked or received by closing date)
- Minimum Qualifications and Special Requirements (cannot be less than those contained in the class description, but may contain more specific requirements)
- Additional Qualifications (preferred qualifications)
- Application Procedures (list specific required documents, i.e.: SFN10950, resume, cover letter, references, transcript, etc.; give instructions for veteran's preference; provide information for those who need special assistance; instruct where to apply)
- Summary of Work (list major job duties and indicate other job information, i.e.: "requires extensive travel", "job located in a non-smoking environment", etc.)
For more specific information on job vacancy announcement requirements, refer to NDAC 4-07-05-09.
If you need assistance in writing your job vacancy announcement, please contact the staff member at Human Resource Management Services assigned to your agency.
- Agency/Staff Assignments
- Sample Job Vacancy Announcement
After you have written your job vacancy announcement:
- If you are using Microsoft Word, simply attach the document to an email. If you are not using Microsoft Word, save the announcement as a .txt file.
- Email the announcement as an 'attachment' to Human Resource Management Services.
- HRMS will review the announcement, place it on the web, and distribute it via e-mail to the ND-Jobs Listserv. Job Service will also be notified via the Listserv.
- Visit the Vacancy Announcements page to find and view your announcement.
- HRMS archives job vacancy announcements. Agencies will also need to retain their own announcements according to records retention requirements.