Managers: Compensation and Salary Ranges
Salary Range Structure
- 20 grades
- Approximately 10% difference between grades
- Range width of 66%
- Ranges will be recalculated annually so that all midpoints are within 5% of average market salary for that level of work (dependent upon capability to do so within legislative salary appropriations)
Benefits of This Salary Range Structure
- Midpoints within 5% of average market pay allows agencies more flexibility to pay competitive salaries as funds allow.
- Midpoints based on a market relationship will aid in identification of agencies needing special salary consideration.
- Allows the State to prioritize salary increases based on an employee's:
- Salary in relation to midpoint of their salary range
- Years of applicable experience