Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
ND University System Office
Salary: Highly competitive, salary commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Applications received by 11/1/12 will receive first consideration
Position Number: None
Requisition Number: None
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: October 12, 2012
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution.
- Record of successful academic accomplishments.
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible senior level experience at the provost or dean level at a major research institution.
- Experience in academic planning, program and policy development, and leadership.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and collegially with the many constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to create a learning environment that fosters student success and to develop a technologically integrated environment that fosters innovation within a learning organization.
- Submit: 1.) a resume; 2.) a cover letter that addresses each of the position qualifications; 3.) three references; and, 4.) a salary history to Terry Meyer, NDUS Office, 600 E Blvd, Dept 215, Bismarck, ND 58505-0230 or by email to email@example.com by November 1, 2012. Applications received by November 1st will receive first consideration.
- Applicants who are residents of ND and eligible to claim veteran’s preference must include Form DD214 with the application for employment; claims for disabled veteran’s preference must include Form DD214 and a letter less than one year old from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs indicating disability; claims for preference as the eligible spouse of a disabled or deceased veteran must include Form DD214, a marriage certificate and a letter less than one year old from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs indicating disability, or the veteran’s death certificate.
- Due to access to restricted information, the successful candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
For more information, assistance or accommodation contact: John Haller, Interim Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. Employing Unit: North Dakota University System, (701)527-0362 or (618)559-0343.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
As the chief academic officer of the NDUS, the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs oversees all academic and student affairs functions within the North Dakota University System including policy development, implementation management, and multi-campus coordination.
The Vice Chancellor reports directly to the Chancellor, is a member of the Chancellor’s Cabinet, and serves as chair for both the academic and student affairs councils of the eleven campus University System governed by the State Board of Higher Education (SBHE).
More detailed position description available at: www.ndus.edu
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.