Assistant State Veterinarian
Department of Agriculture - Animal Health Division - State Board of Animal Health
Salary: $5,205 - $6,500/month + benefits including fully paid family health insurance
Closing Date: November 15, 2013
Position Number: 602-25647
Requisition Number: None
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: October 17, 2013
Requires a National Veterinary Medical Board recognized Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree, a license to practice veterinary medicine or eligible to be licensed in North Dakota, and two years of experience in the practice of veterinary medicine. Must also possess basic computer skills.
- Large animal veterinarian field experience
- Additional training or experience with state or federal animal health response or communication programs
- Regulatory work experience
- Work experience coordinating or administering state and/or federal programs
- Work experience providing outreach and education presentations
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
Applicants must submit a completed State of North Dakota Application for Employment (SFN10950), resume, cover letter, references, and college transcripts (official or unofficial) to:
Dr. Susan Keller
North Dakota Department of Agriculture
600 E. Blvd, Dept. 602
Bismarck, ND 58505-0020
All application materials must be received at the North Dakota Department of Agriculture by 5:00 pm on the closing date. The cover letter must include a detailed description of how the applicant meets the minimum and preferred qualifications.
Application forms are available from Human Resources Management Services, any ND Job Service Office, or from the web at http://www.nd.gov/hrms.
Applicants who are residents of ND and eligible to claim veteran’s preference must include Form DD214. Claims for disabled veteran’s preference must also include a current statement of disabled status from the Veteran’s Affairs Office.
For more information about the position or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process, contact Dr. Susan Keller at (701) 328-2657 or 1-800-242-7535.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
- Assist the State Veterinarian in the enforcement of rules and regulations of the ND State Board of Animal Health.
- Conduct disease investigations, testing, and surveillance.
- Conduct inhumane complaint investigations.
- Provide veterinarian and producer outreach and education.
- Assist with state/federal cooperative animal health programs (i.e. Emergency preparedness and response plan and Federal disease eradication programs).
- Assist with coordinating or administering programs such as the National Poultry Improvement Program, North Dakota Voluntary Johne’s Disease Program, and Livestock Medicine Registration.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.