Maintenance Worker - Temporary
Office of the Adjutant General
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Closing Date: October 29, 2013
Position Number: 5409999
Requisition Number: None
Status: Full-time, Temporary (No Benefits)
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: October 8, 2013
Requires a high school diploma or GED and two years of custodial or facility maintenance experience including tasks such as gardening, landscaping, grounds-keeping, etc.; or four years of custodial or facility maintenance experience including tasks such as gardening, landscaping, grounds-keeping, etc. Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks and background investigation.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, State of ND Application for Employment (SFN10950), and a detailed resume. National Guard members must also complete the AGND Form 2-98. Application materials can be mailed to Office of the Adjutant General, ATTN: Cindy Pazdernik, PO Box 5511, Bismarck, ND 58506-5511 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (701) 333-2067 ATTN: Cindy
Application forms are available from any ND Job Service office, Human Resource Management Services, or on the web at www.nd.gov/hrms
Applicants who are residents of North Dakota and eligible to claim veteran’s preference must include Form DD214. Claims for disabled veteran’s preference must also include Form DD214 and a letter less than one year old from the Dept of Veteran’s Affairs indicating disability; claims for preference as the eligible spouse of a disabled or deceased veteran must include Form DD214, a marriage certificate, and a letter less than one year old from the Dept of Veteran’s Affairs indicating disability, or the veteran’s death certificate.
Contact Cindy Pazdernik at (701) 333-2082 for more information or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
The incumbent for this position will provide a wide variety of manual and semi-skilled work associated with the ND Veteran’s Cemetery. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform building and equipment maintenance work such as rough masonry, plumbing, carpentry, minor electrical repairs, etc.; adjust and maintain ventilating fans; and inspect and clean filters, pumps and controls.
- Perform work on HVAC building systems.
- Participate in grounds maintenance to include mowing grass, trimming hedges, bushes and trees, removing snow, etc.; operate and maintain grounds support equipment.
- Perform routine work in planting, transplanting, fertilizing, spraying, watering, pruning, seeding, cropping, propagation and cultivation of grasses, bushes, trees, and other plants and shrubbery.
- Assist in maintaining underground sprinkling system.
- Perform custodial maintenance such as maintaining floors, windows, restrooms, and picking up trash and litter.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment to dig and square graves, perform snow removal, etc.
- Perform duties and responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor in his absence.
- Ability to lift 250 pound headstones in a team lift effort.
- Position requires bending, stooping, kneeling and working at different heights levels.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Requires a high degree of written and/or verbal communication skills in dealing with other employees, clients, or the general public.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.