Case Aide - Temporary (Multiple Positions) **REVISED**
Department of Corrections And Rehabilitation
Multiple positions, individually located within the cities of Minot, Williston, and Devils Lake
Salary: $12.00 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 5302246097
Requisition Number: None
Status: Part-time (20 hours per week), Temporary
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: May 23, 2013
Applicants must have a High School diploma and a valid Class D driver’s license. Must demonstrate interpersonal skills to work with staff and supervise students. Must successfully complete an interview and standard background and criminal record check. Preference will be given to individuals who have previous work experience working with youth.
Submit the following documents to:
701 16th Ave SW, Mandan, ND 58554
701-667-1465 fax 701-667-1414
- Application Form
- Letter of Interest
- Transcripts which demonstrates educational background
Applicants must designate on their application form the work location of preference.
Application forms (SFN 10950) may be obtained through Tim Tausend, Job Service, or the following website: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/. DOCR internal applicants should complete the DOCR Internal Application (SFN 18116), in lieu of SFN 10950, available on the DOCR Intranet under Employee Forms >Internal Employment. Application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date listed above. Application materials must clearly explain how experience and education are related to the minimum qualifications and job duties.
Background Check and Child Abuse and Neglect Check may be conducted on applicants selected for interviews.
Contact Tim Tausend at 701-667-1465 or TTY 800-366-6888 for more information or assistance in the application or interview process.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Work involves mentoring juveniles, and supporting and modeling for parents and families. Duties include writing reports and communicating closely with Juvenile Correction Specialist. The case aide position requires an adult who is caring and responsible. The case aide will support youth in developing new opportunities, expose youth to a wide array of resources, and helping youth make positive life choices.
- Ability to work independently, potentially in stressful situations
- Assist in crisis intervention
- Show a positive attitude
- Demonstrate good listening skills
- Assist juvenile and family with transportation
- Assist with the development of parental skills
- Assist in developing independent living skills
- Assist in leading/co-facilitating groups
- Develop a professional working relationship with parents and youth
- Identify and assist youth in problem solving
- Report youth’s progress to Juvenile Corrections Specialist
- Assist with GPS monitoring
- Develop recreational interests for youth
- Assist with drug and alcohol testing
- Provide monthly written reports to Juvenile Corrections Specialist
- Juvenile Corrections Specialist and Case Aide will meet with youth together at minimum one time per month
- Responsible for documenting time that is spent with youth
- Attend relevant training
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.