Claims Adjuster I - Temporary
Workforce Safety and Insurance
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Closing Date: November 6, 2013 by 5:00 PM
Position Number: 485-485320-28851
Requisition Number: none
Status: Full Time, Temporary; single health plan provided by hiring agency
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: October 23, 2013
Requires a high school diploma or GED and four years of work experience that provided knowledge of medical and insurance claims and/or terminology. College-level course work in a business or healthcare field will substitute for the experience requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Submit a completed North Dakota Application for Employment (sfn 10950), cover letter, resume, references to:
Workforce Safety and Insurance
Attn: Jill Mugaas, Human Resources
1600 E Century Ave Suite 1
Bismarck, ND 58506
Telephone Number: 701-328-3849
Fax Number: 701-328-3770
The application form may be found on the agency website www.workforcesafety.com or http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or a hard copy from any ND Job Service Office. The application materials should include information that directly addresses how the applicant meets the minimum qualifications and summary of work. Applications must be received by 5 pm, November 6, 2013. Background checks will be conducted.
WSI staff will score all applications based on a 100 point scoring and rating system. It is very important to be thorough and detailed on the application materials. Incomplete sections in the application will not be given credit.
Applicants with disabilities should contact Jill Mugaas at 701-328-3849 in advance of applying to discuss any special provisions needed for applying or interviewing.
If any questions about the application process, please contact Jill Mugaas at 701-328-3849.Applicants who are residents of North Dakota and eligible to claim veteran's preference must include a copy of DD Form 214. Claims for disabled veteran's preference must also include a current statement of disabled status from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
- Review report of injury; interpret and review medical records; make claim determination and issue notice of decision.
- Determine liability of medical bills.
- Coordinate with other agencies and departments to ensure claims are adjudicated according to North Dakota Century Code and administrative rules.
- Approve or deny medical products and services using claims procedure guidelines.
- Review medical case information and calculate average weekly determination.
- Authorize medical and disability payments.
- Coordinate with medical case management ensuring appropriateness of care received by injured workers.
- Coordinate and monitor treatment and vocational and rehabilitative services with the injured worker and employer to return the injured worker back to work.
- Respond to inquiries from injured workers, employers, and medical providers to communicate status or resolve issues.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.