North Dakota State Hospital
Salary: $5205 – $8675 per month; Hiring Range: $5205 – $6940 per month
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 3253122759
Requisition Number: 2919795
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: September 11, 2012
Requires licensure as a Registered Nurse with licensure as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner by the North Dakota Board of Nursing, or registration in another state and eligibility for advanced licensure in North Dakota. Licensure is a condition of employment and the ND State Hospital will verify and document licensure upon appointment.
Preference Given To:
Specialty certification in psychiatry.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Lyle Grove
Employing Unit: North Dakota State Hospital
Section: Health Information Services
Telephone Number: 701-253-3015
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Individual will provide a full range of medical and psychiatric care to patients admitted to the North Dakota State Hospital, serving all populations in his/her capacity as a family nurse practitioner that has specialty certification in psychiatry. Assess and manage medical problems with physician collaboration. Will perform admission and annual physical exams. Order appropriate lab and diagnostic tests, providing medication when appropriate. Make patient rounds, chart and lab reviews, determine patient needs and write weekly progress notes. Attend Medical and Hospital committees and meetings. Promote team building and communication within the Medical Services Department. Will participate in rotation for hospital-wide call including nights, weekends, and holidays, with psychiatric supervision if need be.
The ND Department of Human Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits including a comprehensive employer-paid health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, flexible work hours, and more. For more information, contact our website at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/benefits.aspx.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.