Heating Plant Operator II
Department of Human Services
Salary: $2679 - $4465 monthly; Hiring Range: $2679 - $3572
Closing Date: Friday, December 13, 2013 at 5:00 pm
Position Number: 3253122564
Requisition Number: 2919991
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: November 27, 2013
Requires one of the following:
- Completion of high school or a GED and three years of work experience in a power plant operation that included the firing of high pressure boilers; Low pressure boiler experience will also be considered.
- One-year diploma or program certificate in power plant technology and two years of work experience in a power plant operation that included the firing of high pressure boilers; OR
- Associate’s degree in power plant technology and one year of work experience in a power plant operation that included the firing of high pressure boilers.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Duane Duff
Employing Unit: North Dakota State Hospital
Section: Heating Plant, Plant Services
Telephone Number: 701-253-3946
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
The ND Department of Human Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits including a comprehensive employer-paid health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, flexible work hours, and more. For more information, contact our website at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Ability to maintain and operate heat generation, heat distribution, and boiler control DDC systems. Ability to unload coal cars and perform ash duties during coal boiler operations. Clean and perform a variety of maintenance tasks on furnaces, boilers, and related areas. Follow facility procedures for safe operation of all equipment. Work requires rotating shifts including weekends and holidays. Individual will be responsible for taking rotation turns providing coverage of the heating plant boiler operation. Individual must also be able to handle temperature extremes based on the seasons.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.