Registered Nurse II
ND State Hospital
Salary: $3785 - $6309 monthly
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 325-312-2472
Requisition Number: 2918251
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: January 6, 2012
JOIN OUR TEAM AND RECEIVE A SIGN ON BONUS!!!!
Requires licensure as a Registered Nurse by the North Dakota Board of Nursing or registration in another state and eligibility for licensure in ND, and one year of work experience as a Registered Nurse. Satisfactory criminal background check and drug testing is required.If unable to find qualified applicants, consideration will be given to underfilling as a Registered Nurse I (3061), which requires licensure as a Registered Nurse by the North Dakota Board of Nursing or registration in another state and eligibility for licensure in ND.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Gina Guthmiller, Human Resource Coordinator
Employing Unit: North Dakota State Hospital
Telephone Number: 701-253-3222
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
THREE WORK SHIFTS - DAYS, AFTERNOONS AND NIGHTS, DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY.
Quality nursing care is delivered to all patients in accordance with Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Practice Standards developed by the American Nurses Association. Under the direction of the Clinical Coordinator, provide quality nursing care to patients. Complete nursing assessment; identify patient needs through skillful interviewing and observation; transcribe and implement physician orders; administer medication and treatment; intervene in psychiatric and medical crisis situations; develop, implement and revise nursing care plans; coordinate personnel to maintain a therapeutic environment; observe staff performance regarding patient care; complete performance appraisals; provide and/or make provision for patient education, provide leadership and positive role modeling for the ward staff.
The ND Department of Human Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits including a comprehensive employer-paid health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, flexible work hours, and more. For more information, contact our website at: http://www.nd.gov/dhs.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.