Secure Services Direct Care Associate I
North Dakota State Hospital
Salary: $1871 - $3118 monthly
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 325-312-24595
Requisition Number: 2919364
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: April 10, 2013
Requires graduation from high school or GED. Must successfully complete an approved training program within the probationary period.
Preference will be given to applicants with any of the following:
- Human service or health care related education
- Experience in the sex offender and/or correctional population
- Criminal background education and/or experience
- Law enforcement experience
RE-ADVERTISED TO CHANGE THE SALARY RANGES TO THE 7/1/13 RATES. SAME REQUISITION #.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Teresa Widmer, Clinical Coordinator
Employing Unit: North Dakota State Hospital
Telephone Number: 701-253-3835
TTY Number: 701-253-3880
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Under the supervision of the Direct Care Supervisor, individuals will provide and ensure quality nursing care is delivered to individuals in the sexual offenders program, provide care for residents within their treatment program; relate in a therapeutic manner, communicate pertinent information to staff; complete thorough and timely documentation; create a safe and therapeutic environment for residents and may co-lead groups. May administer medication after successful completion of certified medication classes.
THREE WORK SHIFTS - DAYS, AFTERNOONS AND NIGHTS, DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY
The ND Department of Human Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits including a comprehensive employer-paid health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, flexible work hours, and more. For more information, contact our website at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/benefits.aspx.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.