Direct Care Associate I (formerly Behavioral Health Technician I)
North Dakota State Hospital
Salary: $1816 - $3026 monthly
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 325-312-10307
Requisition Number: 290314
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: June 29, 2012
Requires graduation from high school or GED. Must successfully complete an approved training program within the probationary period.
Preference will be give to applicants with human service or health care related education.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Lyle A. Grove, Human Resource Director
Employing Unit: North Dakota State Hospital
Telephone Number: 701-253-3015
TTY Number: 701-253-3880
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
THREE WORK SHIFTS - DAYS, AFTERNOONS AND NIGHTS, DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY.
Deliver care to residents within their treatment program; spend available time with the residents and relate to them in a therapeutic manner; complete thorough and timely documentation and create a safe and therapeutic environment for the residents.
The ND Department of Human Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits including a comprehensive employer-paid health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, flexible work hours, and more. For more information, contact our website at: http://www.nd.gov/dhs.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.