Licensed Practical Nurse II
ND Developmental Center
Salary: $16.56 - $22.09 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 325-310-2494
Requisition Number: 2919198
Status: Part-time, Regular (hours per week will vary)
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: February 7, 2013
Requires current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the North Dakota Board of Nursing or licensure in another state and meet the eligibility requirements for licensure in North Dakota and two years of work experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
If unable to find qualified candidates, will consider underfilling as a Licensed Practical Nurse I (3051) at a salary of $15.00 - $20.01 per hour. Required licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the North Dakota Board of Nursing or licensure in another state and meet the eligibility requirements for licensure in North Dakota.
North Dakota licensure is a condition of employment and the employing agency will verify and document licensure upon appointment.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Julie Lind Kosmatka, Administrative Assistant
Employing Unit: ND Developmental Center
Section: Cedar Grove & Maplewood
Telephone Number: 701-352-4284
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Work Shift: Rotating shifts including weekend coverage. Schedule may vary to meet department needs.
Responsible for unit medication administration, assisting with medication assistant training and monitoring, treatments, following nursing care plans, on site nursing assessments and quality control. Will provide health care instruction to life skills trainers and clients on health care issues.
The ND Department of Human Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits, including a comprehensive employer-paid health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, flexible work hours, and more. For more information, contact our website at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/benefits.aspx.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The state of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.