Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist
Northwest Human Service Center
Salary: $5,054 - $8,423 monthly; Hiring Range: $5,054 - $6,738 monthly
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 325-210-3849
Requisition Number: 2919090
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: December 18, 2012
Requires one of the following:
- Requires licensure as a Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist with prescriptive authority by the North Dakota Board of Nursing; OR
- Licensure as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority by the North Dakota Board of Nursing, or registration in another state and eligibility for advanced licensure in North Dakota.
Licensure is a condition of employment and the employing unit will verify and document licensure upon appointment. Strong computer skills are required. Must successfully complete a standard background and criminal record check.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Laurie Gotvaslee, Regional Director
Employing Unit: Northwest Human Service Center
Telephone Number: 701-774-4600
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
To provide psychiatric and nursing services to clients with a psychiatric illness. Services include evaluations, medication review, assessment of medication effect/side effects, administration of medications, consultation, education, group and individual therapy, and crisis management. The successful applicant will provide direct services in collaboration with supervising psychiatrists. Other duties include: provide psychiatric consultation to Center staff, attend case staffings as a member of a clinical team, provide mental health education to staff, families, and public. There may be various other duties commonly assigned to positions at this level and within the scope of practice for the successful applicant. Limited travel may be required in provision of satellite services
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The state of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.