Direct Care Associate II - Temporary
Department of Human Services
Salary: $13.00 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 3252094434
Requisition Number: 2920025
Status: Part-time, Temporary
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: December 12, 2013
Must be available to work some weekends, evenings and overnights.
Requires high school graduation or GED and one year of work experience in duties involving special population groups such as the mentally ill, developmentally disabled, children and adolescents, or patients/clients in a direct care facility such as a hospital, nursing home, or group home; OR a bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work, psychology, special education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, counseling, sociology, human resource management (human service track), nursing (RN), OR an associate degree in nursing (LPN) or mental health.
If unable to find qualified candidates, will consider under filling as a Direct Care Associate I (4190), which requires high school graduation or GED.
Preference will be given to individuals who have a current license as a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant).
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position; experience must be at least 15 hours per week to receive credit. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodations Contact: Geri Linseth
Employing Unit: Badlands Human Service Center
Section: Residential Care Center
Telephone Number: 701-227-7550
TTY Number: 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Responsibilities include: providing instruction, modeling and training to mentally ill/chemically dependent residents in the areas of menu planning, meal preparation, food storage, grooming and personal hygiene, laundry skills, comparison shopping, selections of appropriate attire, general household cleanliness and maintenance. Will also include daily observation and documentation of functioning in resident record. Must be available to work some weekends, evenings and overnights.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.