Addiction Counselor II
Badlands Human Service Center
Salary: $3899 - $6498 monthly; Hiring Range: $3899 - $5198 monthly
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 325-209-3899
Requisition Number: 2919344
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: July 19, 2013
Requires current licensure as an Addiction Counselor by the ND Board of Addiction Counseling Examiners and two years’ experience in a private or public facility performing addiction counseling and case management services. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of the experience requirement.
If unable to find qualified applicants, will consider underfilling as an Addiction Counselor I (4132), which requires licensure as an Addiction Counselor by the ND Board of Addiction Counseling Examiners.If unable to find qualified applicants will consider underfilling as an Addiction Technician (4131), which requires completion of all but two of the academic courses required for the addiction counseling field in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in addiction studies or a closely related social science or health care field. Individuals in this class must complete all coursework, training, and/or tests and obtain an addiction counselor license from the North Dakota Board of Addiction Counseling Examiners within two years of the date hired.
Preference will be given to applicants who have ROAP experience and who are creative and have good time management skills. preferred.Must successfully complete a standard background and criminal record check
RE-ADVERTISED TO REMOVE POSITION #00003423. SAME REQUISITION #.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Accommodation or Assistance Contact: Lynden Ring
Employing Unit: Badlands Human Service Center
Section: Adult Addiction
Telephone Numbers: Bismarck office 701-328-8760 or Dickinson office 701-227-7545
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
The Adult Addiction Unit has a full time position available. Evening hours are required. We are an active unit providing levels of care to include: .5 to 3.5. This position requires teamwork and organizational skills. Must have the ability to work in a high-paced, exciting environment. This position involves working with a diverse population of consumers providing creative and innovative treatment approaches; addiction group therapy, family and individual therapy, as well as evaluations. Will coordinate services with agencies in the community, including other interagency referrals within the Center.
The ND Department of Human Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits including a comprehensive employer-paid health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, flexible work hours, and more. For more information, contact our website at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/benefits.aspx.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.