Administrative Assistant I - Temporary
Department of Human Services
Salary: $12.81-$14.95 per hour
Closing Date: December 24, 2013
Position Number: 3252074435
Requisition Number: 2920046
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: December 18, 2013
This position requires high school graduation or GED and three years of experience performing a variety of complex office support, clerical or secretarial work. Additional education with major coursework in office support or business or office education may substitute for the experience requirements on a year-for-year basis for up to two years. This position also requires excellent interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated organizational skills and multitasking ability, be self-motivated, and have strong interpersonal, customer service and communications skills. This position requires an applicant who is able to work independently.
Accuracy is critical in performing the duties of this position.
Preference will be given to those applicants with experience gathering third party medical insurance for billing purposes.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position; experience must be at least 15 hours per week to receive credit. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Accommodation or Assistance Contact: Heather Kitzan
Employing Unit: West Central Human Service Center
Section: Business Office
Telephone Number: 701-328-8888 or 328-8826
TTY Number: 701-366-6888
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Conduct client financial interviews, which include interviewing clients, completing on-line admission forms, gathering the necessary information to bill third party payers, determining and informing the client of their financial responsibility. Working closely with staff within the business office as well as on other units, to gain and gather information needed to process clients paperwork. Run reports and verify information with clients. Great customer service skills required.
Requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Candidate will also be working in sometimes extreme temperatures for transporting of vehicles for servicing for our motor pool at the center. Working hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.