Addiction Counselor II
West Central Human Service Center
Salary: $3785 - $6309 monthly; Hiring Range: $3785 - $5047 monthly
Closing Date: May 20, 2013 by 5:00 pm
Position Number: 325-207-3696
Requisition Number: 2919428
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: May 7, 2013
Requires current licensure as an Addiction Counselor by the ND Board of Addiction Counseling Examiners and two years experience in a private or public facility performing addiction counseling and case management services. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of the experience requirement.
If unable to find qualified applicants, will consider underfilling as an Addiction Counselor I, which requires licensure as an Addiction Counselor by the ND Board of Addiction Counseling Examiners.
Strong computer skills are required. Must successfully complete a standard background and criminal record check.
Preference will be given to applicants with ASAM knowledge/experience.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Shelly Paul
Employing Unit: West Central Human Service Center
Section: Regional Intervention Service Unit
Telephone Number: 701-328-8758
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
This position is with the Regional Intervention Service (RIS) Unit. The primary focus of this position is to complete initial assessments for clients pursuing addiction services and/or mental health services and provide screenings for admission to the short term crisis residential facility. This position requires working as part of team. This position will also provide individual and group therapy, educational presentations, case management and documentation of services provided on an as assigned basis. This job will require some evening work by providing coverage for the 24 hour crisis line.
The ND Department of Human Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits, including a comprehensive employer-paid health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, flexible work hours, and more. For more information, contact our website at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/benefits.aspx.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.