Mental Illness Case Manager II
Southeast Human Service Center
Salary: $19.98 - $33.31/hour; Hiring Range: $19.98 - $26.64/hour
Closing Date: May 29, 2013 by 5:00 pm
Position Number: 325-205-4431
Requisition Number: 2919456
Status: Full-time Temporary
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: May 15, 2013
Requires a bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, occupational therapy, vocational rehabilitation, therapeutic recreation, or human resources (management human services track) and two years of experience working with special population groups in a direct care setting; OR a master’s degree in one of the fields listed above.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Assistance, or Accommodations Contact: Katie Nystuen
Employing Unit: Southeast Human Service Center
Telephone Number: 701-298-4583
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Position requires a strong background in mental health and chemical dependency issues, knowledge of local service providers and good phone skills a must. Successful candidate will provide phone triage service—interviewing applicants for basic demographics and presenting problems, assess level of need and level of safety. Position will schedule referrals to the appropriate unit within SEHSC or to other community providers. Will work closely with local inpatient hospitals to receive requests for prescreens and assessments for services. Position will participate in after hours on-call rotation and the petition investigation rotation. Part of job duties will also include assessment of walk-in clients, processing Dakotah Pioneer referrals, and interim case management. Thorough completion of all paperwork in a timely manner is necessary. Must also be able to follow basic work expectations as outlined by agency standards.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.