Addiction Counselor II - Temporary **READVERTISED**
Department of Human Services
Grand Forks, ND
Salary: $22.49 - $29.99 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 3252034431
Requisition Number: 2919747
Status: Part-time (16 hours per week), Temporary (No Benefits)
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: September 18, 2013
Requires current licensure as an Addiction Counselor by the ND Board of Addiction Counseling Examiners and two years experience in a private or public facility performing addiction counseling and case management services. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of the experience requirement.
If unable to find qualified applicants, will consider underfilling as an Addiction Counselor I (4132), which requires licensure as an Addiction Counselor by the ND Board of Addiction Counseling Examiners.Interested candidates need a working knowledge/understanding of ASAM PPC. Adequate computer skills and experience with electronic record keeping is desirable.
RE-ADVERTISED TO EXTEND THE CLOSING DATE UNTIL FILLED. SAME REQUISITION #.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Deborah Davis MS LAC
Employing Unit: Northeast Human Service Center
Section: Alcohol & Drug Unit
Telephone Number: 701-795-3169 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:Northeast HSC has an opening for an Addiction Counselor II in a 40% temporary position. Northeast HSC will consider an underfill for Addiction Counselor I, however the person needs to have a current ND Addiction Counselor license. Summary of duties includes providing treatment and aftercare services, alcohol and drug evaluations, and other addiction related duties as assigned. This position includes late afternoon and evening hours with flexible scheduling.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.