Direct Care Associate III
North Central Human Service Center
Salary: $11.44 - $19.07 per hour; Hiring Range: $11.44 - $15.25 per hour
Closing Date: May 31, 2013 by 5:00 pm
Position Number: 325-201-4434
Requisition Number: 2919472
Status: Part-time, temporary (fill-in position)
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: May 20, 2013
APPLICANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER:
Requires high school graduation or GED and two years of work experience in duties involving special population groups such as the mentally ill, developmentally disabled, children and adolescents, or patients/clients in a direct care facility such as a hospital, nursing home, or group home; OR one year of work experience as a Community Home Counselor I with the Department of Human Services; OR a bachelor's or master's degree in social work, psychology, special education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, counseling, child development and family science, sociology, human resource management (human service track), nursing (RN), communication disorders (includes audiology and speech pathology), developmental disabilities, vocational rehabilitation, elementary education, or recreation therapy; OR an associate degree in nursing (LPN) or mental health.
In unable to find qualified applicants we will consider under filling as a Direct Care Associate II, which requires high school graduation or GED and one year of work experience in duties involving special population groups such as the mentally ill, developmentally disabled, children and adolescents, or patients/clients in a direct care facility such as a hospital, nursing home, or group home.
Position requires a valid North Dakota driver’s license.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Bonnie Schriock, Supervisor
Employing Unit: North Central Human Service Center
Section: Kay’s Place
Telephone Number: 701-857-8500
TTY Number: 701-857-8666
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Kay’s Place is a 24 hour residential home providing services to adolescent females who can be in foster care; transitioning into independence and/or pregnant. This is a fill-in, temporary position which provides direct care services through day to day activities; independent living skills, transportation, behavior management, medication dispensing and supervision along with the required daily documentation.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.