Department of Human Services
Salary: $3899 - $6498 monthly; Hiring Range: $3899 - $5198 monthly
Closing Date: December 6, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
Position Number: 3252014135
Requisition Number: 2919977
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: November 19, 2013
Requires a bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, occupational therapy, vocational rehabilitation, therapeutic recreation, or human resource management (human services track), and two years of experience working with special population groups in a direct care setting; OR a master’s degree in one of the fields listed above. Understanding of mental illness is highly desirable.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Deborah Anderson
Employing Unit: North Central Human Service Center
Section: Partnership/TIP Program
Telephone Number: 701-857-8500 Toll Free: 888-470-6968
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
This position provides intensive case management to young people ages 14-24 eligible for the Transition to Independence Program. The TIP facilitator works with each young person to support the achievement of successful independence in adulthood. Job duties include, but are not limited to, assessments, treatment planning, crisis intervention and assisting young people in securing financial assistance, employment, housing, mental health services and developing independent living skills. The TIP Facilitator is also responsible for technical assistance and consultation with community partners and other case managers working with this population and locating and developing needed resources for this program, including researching possible grants. The TIP facilitator is also responsible for supervision of one case aide and the day to day management of a home where youth live semi-independently.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.