Addiction Counselor II
North Central Human Service Center
Salary: $3899 - $6498 monthly; Hiring Range: $3899 - $5198 monthly
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 325-201-4115, 325-201-3335, 325-201-4131
Requisition Number: 2919668
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: July 30, 2013
Requires licensure as an Addiction Counselor by the ND Board of Addition Counseling Examiners and two years of experience in a private or public facility as an Addiction Counselor. A master’s degree will substitute for one year of experience.
If unable to find qualified applicants, will consider underfilling as an Addiction Counselor I (4132), which requires licensure as an Addiction Counselor by the ND Board of Addiction Counseling Examiners.
If unable to find qualified applicants will consider underfilling as an Addiction Technician (4131), which requires completion of all but two of the academic courses required for the addiction counseling field in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in addiction studies or a closely related social science or health care field. Individuals in this class must complete all coursework, training, and/or tests and obtain an addiction counselor license from the North Dakota Board of Addiction Counseling Examiners within two years of the date hired.
Must successfully complete a standard background check and criminal record check.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Amy Nelson or Brietta Kidney
Employing Unit: North Central Human Service Center
Section: Addiction Unit
Telephone Number: 701-857-8500
TTY Number: 701-857-8666
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Position # 4131 is pending classification by HRMS. This positions primary purpose is to provide A&D services including, but not limited to: Adolescent evaluations, individual sessions, IOP, Aftercare, LOP, case management, Adult evaluations, groups, individual sessions, consults, expert examinations, case management and information and referrals. The appropriate documentation will be completed per licensure and DHS policy to reflect services provided and outcomes of the provided services. This position is part of a unit whose purpose is to provide comprehensive addiction services to the residents of Region II as well as residents from other regions that do not have the appropriate services available in their region. This position also requires evening hours and some travel.
The ND Department of Human Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits, including a comprehensive employer-paid health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, flexible work hours, and more. For more information, contact our website at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/benefits.aspx.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.