Advanced Clinical Specialist **READVERTISED**
Department of Human Services
Salary: $4,708 - $7,846 per month; Hiring Range: $4,708 - $6,277 per month
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 3252013160
Requisition Number: 2919701
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: October 25, 2013
Requires a master’s degree in social work, counseling, or other master’s degree approved by the North Dakota Board of Counseling Examiners, and licensure as a LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker) or LPCC (Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor); OR a doctorate in psychology and licensure as a psychologist by the ND Board of Psychologist Examiners.
If unable to find fully-licensed at Independent level candidates, will consider underfilling this position with a Human Relations Counselor, which requires a master’s degree in social work, counseling or other master’s degree approved by the ND Board of Counselor Examiners, and licensure as a LCSW (Licensed Certified Social Worker) or licensure as a LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) who will be eligible for independent licensure within two years.
Preference will be given to applicants who have certification or work experience in implementing evidenced based therapy, specifically children trauma focused treatment or work experience with children, adolescents and families.
RE-ADVERTISED TO EXTEND THE CLOSING DATE OPEN UNTIL FILLED. SAME REQUISITION #. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY AS THEY ARE BEING CONSIDERED.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Tammy Ness, Clinical Outpatient Supervisor
Employing Unit: North Central Human Service Center
Telephone Number: 701-857-8500
TTY Number: 701-857-8686
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
The Clinical Outpatient Unit provides clinical services, evaluations and treatment to adults and children with emotional, behavioral, and/or relationship problems with the goal of reducing or eliminating the impact of the problem as well as developing effective coping skills. Provide community education, consultation, and information, referral, and crisis services. The primary responsibility of the position is to provide therapy to children, adolescents and families in the Minot office and outreach.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Complete initial intake interview and assessment for each new client.
- Formulate diagnosis and person centered treatment plan for each client.
- Complete necessary ROAP procedures for all clients.
- At an independent practice level, provide therapy to individuals with complex diagnosis and multiple problems, using high level therapy skills and a high level of professional decision making skills.
- Provide case management to clients (maintain appropriate records, network with other agencies as needed, coordinate multiple services provided by North Central Human Services Center).
- Participate in supervision and consult appropriately regarding client's needs and services.
- Document provision of all services provided, meeting all practice and licensing standards.
- Provide clinical services in outreach/satellite area of the Region.
- Receive telephone calls and walk-in clients, providing information and referrals to appropriate services.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Provide consultation to community professionals regarding specific individuals or specific problem areas.
- Education to community regarding the range of services provided by North Central Human Service Center and represent NCHSC within the community.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings.
North Central Human Service Center has been designated as a “Mental Health Professional Health Shortage Area” Facility, and is an eligible site for the National Health Service Corps Student Loan Repayment Program. Therefore, the successful applicant may be eligible for generous assistance with student loan repayment. For further information go to: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.