Administrative Assistant I - Temporary
Department of Human Services
Salary: $13.00 - $13.25 per hour
Closing Date: December 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Position Number: 3251154435
Requisition Number: 2919905
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: December 4, 2013
Applicants will need to have the ability to handle multiple tasks, experience using general office equipment, working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software. Experience with handling confidential information, and experience working in an environment with multiple daily deadlines. Work is expected to be performed with a high degree of professionalism, integrity and accuracy, as the position will have daily contact with medical providers, the general public, and other professional staff. Preference will be given to candidates with Medical Administrative Support experience.
Requires a high school diploma or GED and three years of experience performing secretarial and/or administrative support work. Additional education with major coursework in office support or business or office education may substitute for two years of the experience requirement on a year-for-year basis. This job requires knowledge of and proficiency in personal computers various software, grammar, and spelling.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on or before 5:00 PM on the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Casey Goodhouse, HR Manager
Employing Unit: Medical Services
Telephone Number: 701-328-4042
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Provide office support in a busy and deadline oriented office. Support will be provided to multiple program areas. This position will assist with answering a multi-line telephone system. Provide office support to multiple program areas in a busy and deadline-oriented office. This position will assist with answering a multi-line telephone system and composing, typing and proofreading correspondence with a high degree of accuracy. Confidential information will be handled on a daily basis and confidentiality must be maintained at all times. This position will assist with processing incoming and outgoing mail and faxes. Knowledge and proficiency in the use of a personal computer is required. Other general office duties such as scanning, copying, filing, and scheduling meetings for staff will be required.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.