Child Support Payment Specialist
Department of Human Services
Salary: $2,957 - $4,929 per month; Hiring Range: $2,957 - $3,100 per month
Closing Date: October 28, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
Position Number: 3251114249
Requisition Number: 2919881
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: October 15, 2013
Requires an associate degree in an office support, business, or computer-related field and two years of work experience in a financial industry providing customer service, or processing payments/claims and one year of work experience processing payments in a child support enforcement unit. Additional work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-for year basis.
If no qualified applicants are found at the Child Support Payment Specialist level, the Department will consider underfilling this position at the Child Support Payment Technician level. Child Support Payment Technician requires an associate degree in an office support, business, or computer-related field and two years of work experience in a financial industry providing customer service, or processing payments/claims. Additional work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-for year basis.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to applicants with experience in the following: (Experience in these areas must be clearly stated on the application)
- At least two years of experience providing customer service in a financial industry.
- At least two years of experience reconciling financial accounts, processing payments, or processing financial reports.
- Work experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on or before 5:00 PM on the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Casey Goodhouse, HR Manager
Employing Unit: Child Support Enforcement
Telephone Number: 701-328-4042
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
- Provide customer service to the public and other child support professionals as related to the financial aspects of child support cases.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills; be able to explain complex financial matters in a way that is easy to understand; and remain professional when working with customers.
- Decipher financial records and reconcile payment histories.
- Maintain working knowledge of the administrative rules, laws and policies governing the child support program.
- Process child support payments and reports timely and accurately.
- Requires attention to detail and the ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.