Medical Claims Service Specialist I
Department of Human Services
Salary: $11.85 per hour
Closing Date: May 29, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
Position Number: 3251044435
Requisition Number: 2919450
Status: Full-time, Temporary (No Benefits)
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: May 14, 2013
Requires a high school diploma or GED and two years of claims processing work experience or three years of related administrative support work experience.
Preference will be given to applicants who have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Accommodation or Assistance Contact: Casey Goodhouse, HR Manager
Employing Unit: Information Technology Services
Section: Medical Claims
Telephone Number: 701-328-4042
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
The successful applicant will process a variety of claims and related adjustment requests; reconcile and audit specific reports; provide assistance to entities via phone, fax, and mail; review prior authorizations, maintain reference material used for accurate processing of claims while following policies, procedures, and guidelines closely. The successful applicant must be able to work independently, but also have the ability to work as part of a team.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.