Computer & Network Specialist I - Temporary
Department Of Human Services
Salary: $22 per hour (Please also see reference to “Oil Patch Add On” below)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 325-104-4431
Requisition Number: 2919165
Status: Temporary, 20 hours per week
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: April 8, 2013
Requires at least one of the following:
- A Bachelors degree in a computer science field
- Four years of work experience providing technical support in the planning, design, installation and maintenance of computer workstations and local area network operating systems
- A combination of four years education and work experience as described above.
If no candidates meet the above requirements the position may be underfilled with a Computer Equipment Operator II. Minimum qualifications for a Computer Equipment Operator II require one of the following:
- An Associates degree in computer science, information systems, or a closely related field
- Two years of work experience monitoring multiple computer platforms including mid-range, mainframe and/or servers
- A combination of two years education and work experience as described above.
Preference will be given to applicants who have office support experience, in addition to the above requirements.
* Since the home base of this position is in Williston ND, an “Oil Patch Add-on” of $2.88 per hour will be added to the salary of the individual selected for this position. The “Oil Patch Add-on” is temporary and may be discontinued at any time without notice. This “Oil Patch Add-on” is not included in an employee’s base salary, but is included for purposes of calculating overtime pay.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on or before 5:00 PM on the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Casey Goodhouse, HR Manager
Employing Unit: Information Technology Services
Section: Desktop Services
Telephone Number: 701-328-4042
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:Duties will include assisting in the overall support of PC hardware and software for the Department including: configure and install any new desktops, laptops, etc for users; install and setup standardized software on users' PCs; troubleshoot any hardware or software related problems that occur within the department; provide technical support to end users; provide support for MS Office programs; and establish and maintain documentation files of computer hardware and software configurations.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.