Social Worker III **READVERTISED**
Stark County Social Services
Salary: $3,785 ‑ $5,047 per month
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 323455449
Requisition Number: 2919725
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: September 11, 2013
Requires licensure as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) by the North Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners (NDCC 43-41); and two years of professional human services work experience as a social worker or human relations counselor, developmental disabilities case manager, mental illness case manager, vocational rehabilitation counselor, activity therapist, addiction counselor, registered nurse, employment counselor, or a similar professional level position in the public or private sector; OR a master’ degree in social work and licensure as a Licensed Social Worker by the ND Board of Social Work Examiners.
If no qualified applicants are found, we will consider under filling as a Social Worker II (4212), with a salary range of $3464 to $4618 per month. Minimum qualifications require licensure as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) by the ND Board of Social Work Examiners (NDCC 43-41); and one year of professional human services work experience as a social worker, human relations counselor, developmental disabilities case manager, mental illness case manager, vocational rehabilitation counselor, activity therapist, addiction counselor, registered nurse, employment counselor, or a similar professional level position in the public or private sector.
If no qualified applicants are found, we will consider under filling as a Social Worker I (4211), with a salary range of $3187 to $4249 per month. Minimum qualifications require licensure as a licensed Social Worker by the ND Board of Social Work Examiners.
Individuals will be required to work non‑traditional work hours. Because this position requires travel, a valid North Dakota driver’s license is required and the employee must have his or her own automobile and adequate insurance.
RE-ADVERTISED TO EXTEND THE CLOSING DATE UNTIL FILLED. SAME REQUISITION #.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information Contact: Sharon Stroh, Supervisor
Employing Unit: Stark County Social Service Board
Telephone Number: 701-456‑3956
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide Child Protection/Family Services, specifically: 1) Conduct Child Protection Assessments; 2) Provide case management documentation and appropriate activity records; 3) Provide crisis intervention as needed to maintain family stability; 4) Function as a family services unit team
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.