Direct Care Associate II
Ransom County Social Services
Salary: $11.78 - $19.64 hourly
Closing Date: December 2, 2013 by 5:00 pm
Position Number: 323375878
Requisition Number: 2919961
Status: Part-time Regular (Approximately 10-15+ hours per week dependent on caseload)
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: November 14, 2013
Direct Care Associate II - Requires a high school diploma or GED and certification as a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) or an equivalent medical certification such as Documentation of Competency/Quality Service Provider (QSP), Nurse Assistant (NA), Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Developmental Disabilities Certification (DD), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), or First Responder Medical Certification. The above medical certifications must be current. Please send a copy of applicable certification with application.
If unable to find qualified candidates, will consider underfilling as a Direct Care Associate I, which requires a high school diploma or GED.
Medical self-declaration, a criminal background check, and a driver's record check may be performed prior to employment. This position requires some transportation of clients. Proof of capability to transport clients and adequate vehicle insurance are required.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information or Assistance Contact: Wendy Jacobson, Director, 701-683-6150 or Liz Harding, LSW, 701-683-6114
Employing Unit: Ransom County Social Services
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
The position is responsible for the provision of services to elderly and disabled adults living in their homes. Personal Care duties may include bathing, hair care, dressing, etc., while Homemaking duties include such tasks as: light housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, etc.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.