Social Worker II
McKenzie County Social Services
Watford City, ND
Salary: $3,464 + monthly
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 323-27-6192
Requisition Number: 2919538
Status: Full-time, Regular with Benefits
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: July 30, 2013
Social worker II requires a bachelor’s degree in social work, a current ND social work license, and one year of professional social work experience in a human service setting.
If unable to find qualified candidates, will consider underfilling as a Social Worker I, with a minimum staring salary of $3,187 per month. Requires a bachelor’s degree in social work and a current ND social work license.
Individuals may be required to work non-traditional hours. This position requires the ability to visit clients in their own homes and some transportation of clients. A valid North Dakota license is required and the employee must have his/her own automobile and adequate insurance.
RE-ADVERTISED TO EXTEND THE CLOSING DATE UNTIL FILLED. SAME REQUISITION #. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY AS THEY ARE BEING CONSIDERED.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, or Assistance Contact: Desiree Sorenson, Director at 701-444-3661
Employing Unit: McKenzie County Social Services
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide Child Protection Services, Foster Care Case Management and Wraparound Services, Foster Care Recruitment and Licensing of County Foster Homes. This includes but is not limited to: placement of children, case planning, referral to services, documentation, arranging and monitoring visitation, developing affidavits and attending court hearings, and Foster Care Recruitment and Licensing of County Foster Homes, and on call for emergency services to children and families.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.