Social worker III
Divide County Social Services
Salary: $3,785 - $4,163 monthly
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 323126010 & 323126108
Requisition Number: 2919229
Status: Full-time, Regular with Benefits
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: March 5, 2013
Social Worker III requires a bachelor’s degree in social work, a current ND social work license, and two years of professional social work experience in a human service setting; OR a master’s degree in social work and a current ND social work license.
Social Worker II Underfill
If no qualified applicants are found, we will consider underfilling as a Social Worker II with a minimum staring salary of $2,961 per month. Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, a current ND social work license, and one year of professional social work experience in a human service setting.
Social Worker I Underfill
If no qualified applicants are found, we will consider underfilling as a Social Worker I, with a minimum staring salary of $2,716 per month. Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in social work and a current ND social work license.
Preference will be given to applicants who have completed child welfare certification.
Computer literacy required. Individuals may be required to work non-traditional work hours. Individuals applying for this position must be able to adapt to change and be creative in exploring new methods of service delivery to clients. The ability to visit persons in their own homes is required. Employee will need to use their own transportation in this position. A valid North Dakota driver’s license is required and the employee must carry adequate insurance on their personal automobile.
RE-ADVERTISED TO ADD POSITION# 6108. SAME REQUISITION #. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY AS THEY ARE BEING CONSIDERED.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information or Assistance Contact: Samantha Pulvermacher, Director at 701-965-6521
Employing Unit: Divide County Social Services
Telephone Number: 701-965-6521
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Essential functions of this position are the investigation of child abuse and/or neglect and associated follow-up services, child and family services case management, child care licensure, home and community based service assessments, and other duties as assigned. Work is often done in collaboration with other social services agencies, hospitals, law enforcement agencies, juvenile court and school districts. Emergency services must be provided to families determined at risk of harm to its members. Ability to visit persons in their homes using own transportation is required for this position.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The state of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.