Social Worker II
Dickey County Social Services
Salary: $3568 - $4757 monthly (Effective 1/1/2014)
Closing Date: December 9, 2013 at 5:00 pm
Position Number: 323115342
Requisition Number: 2919996
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: November 27, 2013
Requires licensure as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) by the ND Board of Social Work Examiners (NDCC 43-41); and one year of professional human services work experience as a social worker, human relations counselor, developmental disabilities case manager, mental illness case manager, vocational rehabilitation counselor, activity therapist, addiction counselor, registered nurse, employment counselor, or a similar professional level position in the public or private sector; OR a master’s degree in social work and licensure as a Licensed Social Worker by the ND Board of Social Work Examiners.
If no qualified applicants are found, we will consider under filling as a Social Worker I, with a salary range of $3282 - $4376 per month. Minimum qualifications require licensure as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) by the ND Board of Social Work Examiners.
If no qualified applicants are found we will consider under filling as a Social Work Trainee with a salary range of $ 2957 - $3843 per month. Minimum qualifications: Rrequires a bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work from an accredited school and eligibility for licensure as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) as determined by the North Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners (NDCC Chapter 43-41).
Individuals will be required to work non-traditional work hours. Because this position requires some transportation of clients, a valid ND driver’s license is required and the employee must have their own automobile and adequate insurance. Frequent travel and evening hours.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position; experience must be at least 15 hours per week to receive credit. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Wanda Larson, Director
Employing Unit: Dickey County Social Services
Telephone Number: 701- 349-3271 or 701-883-5301 Ext. 7
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
- Essential function of this position includes direct services to children and families, foster care licensing, case management, daycare licensing, wrap around services, Children’s Special Health, child protection assessments and follow up in absence of child protection worker, as assigned. Responsibilities to include emergency out-of-home placement of children, court activities, paperwork, Information and Referral, data entry into computer systems, thorough documentation, training, and foster care support group facilitator.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.