Human Service Program Administrator IV
Burleigh County Social Services
Salary: $58,552 - $75,275 per year
Closing Date: December 13, 2013 by 5:00 p.m.
Position Number: 323085198
Requisition Number: 2919835
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: August 23, 2013
Requires one of the following:
- Requires licensure as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) by the ND Board of Social Work Examiners (NDCC 43-41); and three years of professional human services work experience as a social worker, human relations counselor, developmental disabilities case manager, mental illness case manager, vocational rehabilitation counselor, activity therapist, addiction counselor, registered nurse, employment counselor, or a similar professional level position in the public or private sector that involved lead work or supervisory experience; OR
- A master’ degree in social work and licensure as a Licensed Social Worker by the ND Board of Social Work Examiners and one year of professional human services work experience as a social worker, human relations counselor, developmental disabilities case manager, mental illness case manager, vocational rehabilitation counselor, activity therapist, addiction counselor, registered nurse, employment counselor, or a similar professional level position in the public or private sector that involved lead work or supervisory experience
Preference will be given to applicants who have worked in a county social service agency.
Candidates must successfully complete a standard background and criminal record check.
Computer literacy is a requirement. A high level of verbal and written communication skills is also required.
RE-ADVERTISED TO EXTEND THE CLOSING DATE. SAME REQUISITION #. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY AS THEY ARE BEING CONSIDERED.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodations Contact: Kim Osadchuk or Sandy Smith
Employing Unit: Burleigh County Social Services
Telephone Number: 701-222-6622
TTY Number: 701-222-6622
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
- Supervise the administration and coordinate the delivery of the Wraparound Case Management and Foster Care Programs
- Provide interpretation and clarification of state and federal policies for all programs.
- Provide direct supervision, training, and personnel management to assigned program staff
- Carry a small caseload of children and families
- Facilitate family team meetings, develop treatment plans, review, evaluate and monitor treatment plans
- Prepare Affidavits for court petitioning process; testify in court
- Complete required reports for the North Dakota Department of Human Service
- Respond to state and federal audits/reviews, and draft corrective action plans as needed
- Provide information to the public
- Prepare and report program activity to the Director and Burleigh County Social Service Board
- Participate in local and state sponsored meetings and training
- Assist the agency director as needed.
- This position requires the use of computers in day-to-day activities.
- This position must also work the core business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.