Administrative Assistant for Academic and Student Affairs
North Dakota University System
Salary: $41,000-$43,000 annual salary range plus a full benefits package Full-time/non-exempt/banded position/5000 Job Family
Closing Date: November 7, 2013 or Open Until Filled
Position Number: 215-10163
Requisition Number: None
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: October 23, 2013
- Associate degree with curriculum in a secretarial/clerical/office administration or three years of work related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in scheduling using Outlook 2010, the preparation of correspondence, reports, executive-level meeting minutes and transcription.
- Proven written and oral communication skills and must be able to prioritize work and have good management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of a personal computer, with knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite 2010 programs and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Applicants must contact a Job Service office and complete the required testing. Position requires testing in Word, Excel, and Access 2010. Job Service testing has to have been completed within the last 12 months to be considered for the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, the public, etc.
Applicants should submit 1). a cover letter specifically addressing the advertised qualifications 2). a current resume 3). Job Service test results, and 4). the names and contact information (including telephone numbers and e-mail address) for three professional references, either electronically (preferred) to email@example.com or by mail to:
North Dakota University System
Attention: Jane Grinde
4300 James Ray Drive, Stop 7131
Grand Forks, ND 58202-7131
by the close of business on the screening date. Applicants who are residents of ND and eligible to claim veteran’s preference must include Form DD214 with the application for employment; claims for disabled veteran’s preference must include Form DD214 and a letter less than one year old from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs indicating disability; claims for preference as the eligible spouse of a disabled or deceased veteran must include Form DD214, a marriage certificate and a letter less than one year old from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs indicating disability, or the veteran’s death certificate. The successful candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
Persons who may need additional job information or may require accommodation or assistance with the application or interview process should contact Jane Grinde at (701) 777-1918, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. TTY Number 1‑800‑366‑6888.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
This position reports organizationally to the Administrative Support Manager, but functionally to the Academic and Student Affairs division. Provides administrative support and analyzes data and compiles reports, requiring exceptional eye for detail and accuracy.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.