ND School for the Deaf/Resource Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Devils Lake, ND
Salary: $6,665 per month plus full benefit packet
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 2011531
Requisition Number: None
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: July 2, 2013
Requires a Master’s degree in educational administration. Eligibility for a North Dakota Administrative Credential is required. Five years of administrative experience in educational leadership, three of which included responsibility for the supervision and management of professional-level staff.
Preference will be given to individuals who are proficient in American Sign Language.
The successful applicant will be subject to a criminal background check.
Applications are available on the state’s Human Resource Management Services website http://www.nd.gov/hrms.
Applicants must submit a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950), cover letter, resume, applicable college transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable), and veteran’s preference documents. The cover letter must detail how your education, work experience, and skills meet the minimum qualifications and relate to job tasks in work summary.
Send to:Linda Gibbins/HR Technician II, Department of Public Instruction, 600 East Boulevard Ave, Dept 201, Bismarck, ND 58505-0440, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,Fax: 701-328-2461, TDD: 701-328-4920
Applicants who are residents of ND and eligible to claim veteran’s preference must include Form DD214. Claims for disabled veteran’s preference must also include a current statement of disabled status from the Veteran’s Affairs Office.
Contact Linda Gibbins at (701) 328-2262 for more information or accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
- Administer all educational and residential programs and activities for hearing impaired students at the school.
- Develop, implement, and interpret policies and procedures.
- Represent the school in promoting hearing services to the legislature, school administrators, professionals associated with programs for the deaf, and the general public.
- Establish strategic plan for the school.
- Responsible for development and administration of school budget.
- Serve on various boards and commissions.
- Conduct annual evaluations on teachers and staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.