Employee Benefit Services Assistant - Temporary
Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour (includes fully paid family health insurance)
Closing Date: October 14, 2013
Position Number: 192Temp
Requisition Number: None
Status: Part-time (20 hours per week, flexible within core business hours, expected 6 month duration), Temporary
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: October 2, 2013
- Three years of work experience involving administrative support duties that included lead worker or supervisory responsibilities within an administrative support function. College level course work in business administration or a field directly related to the work may be substituted for the required work experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Computer work experience with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must have excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and coordinate work activities.
- Work experience providing administrative support for group benefit plans.
- Work experience processing benefit related forms and applications.
- Work experience generating benefit related correspondence.
- Work experience with various computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Applicants must submit a completed State of North Dakota Application for Employment form (SFN 10950) resume, and cover letter to:
ND Public Employees Retirement System
400 E Broadway, Suite 505
Bismarck, ND 58501
The cover letter MUST include a detailed summary of how the applicant meets the minimum and preferred qualifications.
Application materials must be received at the ND Public Employees Retirement System no later than 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. Application forms are available from HRMS, any North Dakota Job Service Office, or from the internet at http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html.Contact the ADA Coordinator at 701-328-3918 should you require assistance in the application or interview process.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
- Set up and enter records for retirement benefit calculations.
- Contact employers and conduct research to confirm information required to complete application processing.
- Maintain working knowledge and remain current on all benefit plan provisions.
- Compose, format and distribute general and confidential correspondence.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.