Administrative Assistant I - Temporary (Re-Advertised)
Office of Attorney General
Salary: $13 - $17/hour
Closing Date: December 16, 2013
Position Number: 125734
Requisition Number: None
Status: Part-Time, Temporary (20-30 hours per week)
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: November 29, 2013
- Associate degree with major coursework in office support or business or office education. (Note: The hiring authority will consider substituting additional work experience for the education requirement on a year‑for‑year basis if the experience provides the knowledge and skills required to perform the duties of this position.)
- One year of experience performing a variety of office support, clerical, or secretarial work. Preference will be given to individuals with coursework and/or work experience in the criminal justice field or information technology.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of computer equipment as well as word processing and spreadsheet software. Preference will be given to individuals with Microsoft Office experience.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Application packets will be considered to be an example of your skills and quality of work.
- Successful completion of the interview process, along with reference checks and extensive background and criminal record checks.
Applications must be submitted on a State of North Dakota Application for Employment Form (SFN #10950) along with a resume, college transcripts, three professional references, and cover letter with a written summary that clearly explains how the applicant’s work experience is related to the description of duties and responsibilities, minimum qualifications and level of work experience for the position to: Glenna Ellison, Human Resource Officer, Office of Attorney General, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 125, Bismarck, ND 58505-0040. Applications must be received or postmarked by December 16, 2013. Telephone Number (701) 328-1256, TTY Number 1‑800‑366‑6888.
Application forms are available at Job Service offices, the Human Resource Management Services office and the Office of Attorney General or may be downloaded from the Internet at the following address: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorships will not be provided.
If claiming Veteran’s Preference or Spouses Veteran’s Preference, as described in North Dakota Century Code ch. 37‑19.1, please submit proof of eligibility form DD-214 with the application. Persons who may need additional job information or may require accommodation or assistance with the application or interview process should contact Glenna Ellison at telephone number (701) 328‑1256, or e-mail email@example.com; TTY Number 1-800-366-6888.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
- Develop and maintain Word and Excel files.
- Arrange and coordinate meeting schedules, prepare and distribute agendas, and attend meetings and prepare and distribute minutes.
- Make travel and lodging arrangements.
- Develop and maintain forms using specialized software.
- Document IT processes and procedures as directed.
- Design and assist with preparation of reports, spreadsheets, and graphs to be published.
- Assist with IT purchasing requests across all divisions.
- Assist with testing of new computer applications and changes to existing applications.
- Assist with writing training documentation for applications.
- Provide backup to the help desk personnel.
- Assist with maintaining inventory records.
- Maintain office filing systems.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.