Temporary Office Assistant
Commission on Legal Counsel for Indigents
Closing Date: Until Filled
Position Number: 188-temp 004
Requisition Number: None
Status: Part-time, Temporary (expected to be ongoing)
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: September 26, 2013
- High school graduate or GED;
- Experience in office support, clerical, or secretarial work is preferred.
- Work experience in a legal setting will be given preference over work experience in other settings.
Dan El-Dweek, Supervising Attorney
Williston Public Defender Office
309 Washington, Ste. 404
Williston, ND 58701
Applications can be obtained by contacting the local job service office or online at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
The Temporary Office Assistant reports to the attorney responsible for administrative oversight for the Williston Public Defender Office which provides for the delivery of state-funded legal counsel services for indigent defense within the State of North Dakota. This position is responsible for providing the administrative support to the office and staff.
- Provide administrative support for office operations to include process incoming and outgoing agency mail; maintain stock of office supplies, equipment, forms, and promotional materials.
- Serve as an office receptionist; maintain scheduling and appointment calendar for office and staff.
- May provide administrative assistance in the preparation of legal documents, correspondence, reports and forms for attorneys for court cases or hearings; maintenance of criminal defense files.
- May make travel and lodging arrangements for office staff.
- Perform other duties as necessary and/or assigned.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.